Monday, November 9, 2009

Birthday in Arizona

My Parents live in beautiful Scottsdale Az and we always like to drive out when we get the chance, but it has been over a year and a half since we have been out! So for my bday this year I decided it would be fun to come! We feel so refreshed after staying at their resort like house and it is a great place to get away from all the hustle and bustle. We arrived late night this past Thursday and it was so quiet out, it was eerie! We all have been sleeping so soundly and eating gourmet meals every day :) I get to stay until this Friday, but Andrew had to leave today to get back to school. More pics to come of Weston's first trip to AZ!

Believe it or not, this was my first car! I know I know...spoiled brat right?! Well my parents let us choose any used car we wanted if we waited until we were 18 to get our licences. I don't think they thought about classic cars being in that genre, but I did! My dad loves to fix up cars and motorcycles so this was our project. I found it in a guy's garage in 5 pieces, but envisioned this beauty! My dad has added alot more to the car under the hood in the past few years and let's just say it could get me to school now alot faster than it did when I drove it! In college I traded it back to my dad for a car less precious to beat around town in. Whenever we come to visit we always go for a ride. The inside smells wonderful if you like the smell of old classic cars and it always reminds me of those early mornings driving to school with my sister!
Target practice in the back yard of course!
Birthday dinner at Heirloom. I am sad I didn't take any pics of the amazing food we had that night! One of my fav chefs out here opened a new restaurant and my parents thought it would be fun to go and sit at the chefs table with a perfect view of the kitchen. How fun! We even got to walk around the kitchen after dessert. The chef de cuisine made us his own personal creation before we ordered: foie gras on baguette with some tarragon oil and a berry reduction. Andrew passed on that but it was amazing! Then I had a grilled quail terrine with greens, a crabcake in a fennel broth and then an olive halibut fillet with artichokes and roasted tomatoes! They brought out two fabulous desserts for us to try: a chocolate speckles cake and homemade doughnuts with lemon cream inside.  It was a great dinner and Weston slept pretty much the whole time as well! 

No comments: