Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Summarized

I am getting so excited for Christmas this year and it's not just because we will be on vacation with our family for 2 weeks! ( even though that is pretty exciting! ) I am also getting excited to celebrate the beautiful, yet true, story of God coming as a baby to save sinners. This year more than ever I am more aware of what God really did now that I have a baby boy of my own. What a humble way to enter His world, that He created with His mighty hand! A baby is so helpless and sometimes pitiful and it just blows my mind that our God would humble himself to the point of infancy just to show us His love.

In my time of reading today I came across this passage that summarizes Christmas for me in a such a neat way and I would never have expected to find it in the book of Titus!
Here it is: Titus 3:4-7
"But when the kindness of God our Saviour and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Saviour, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life."

1 comment:

LittleNanni said...

Love it! Simply love the awesome way God's given us His word to be the way, the truth and the light!!