Sunday, January 3, 2010

Yummy new dish-Cauliflower Fettuccine

My mom sent me home with a nice big cauliflower and I decided to
create something simple and yummy for dinner tonight using it- this
experiment turned out great and I want to share it!

Cut up one head of cauliflower and steam until crisp tender. Mince 3-4
cloves of garlic and sauté 2 min in 2-3 tablespoons olive oil. Add
cauliflower pieces as well as 1tsp onion powder and 1 rounded
tablespoon of Dijon mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Cook over
medium heat stirring very little until cauliflower begins to brown a
little. Reduce heat to low and sprinkle 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan and
mozzarella mixed. Cover until cheese melts. About 5 min.
Serve on top of spinach fettucine tossed in a little sea salt and
olive oil and crack some fresh pepper and you are done! Yummy!
(this would also be good without the cheese, just drizzle some good
quality olive oil over the top when serving with a pinch more of salt)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Michelle and Andrew (and Weston!),

I just read through your blog from start to finish and I loved it! Its so wonderful to see the Lord work each of our lives in different ways.

May the Lord bless you and yours this coming year as we all work to continually glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

Blessings,
Dawn

Ayemi said...

oh dear... i made the mistake of looking at your blog before going to the gym and I'm seriously losing motivation! Ack! Love these pics and will keep that recipe in mind because I'm a compulsive cauliflower buyer yet not such a great chef.

thx michelle!