Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Chickpea and Spinach Burgers


The Husband wasn't too excited about these when I told him what was for dinner, but he actually liked them! :) I loved them so I had to share. Who doesn't like dinner in 15 minutes? On the spices I just added what I thought sounded good at the moment and didn't measure so do what your family likes. I served them with organic baked sweet potato fries that I tossed in olive oil, sea salt and Herbes de Provence at 400F for 40 minutes or so. You could also serve with a salad or in between a bun.


Chickpea and Spinach Burgers

1 can chickpeas ( garbonzo beans) mashed
2 cups organic spinach, wilted or sauteed
1/3-1/2 cup panko bread crumbs, or your bread crumb of choice
1/4 cup quality all natural mayo ( if the mixture seems too dry add more mayo)
seasons to taste: salt, pepper, garlic powder, dill, basil and paprika

Smash all ingredients together and form into patties. Cook in a large skillet coated with olive oil over medium/high heat until browned on each side, about 5 min per side.

Makes 4 large or 6 small


1 comment:

Days Ordained said...

Sounds interesting... my kind of dinner! May I ask what brand of mayo you use? I've been trying to find a good quality mayo that also tastes good. So many "healthy" varieties are quite nasty! Thanks for sharing your recipe!