Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Place that I Love

 There is a place I love down a small country road filled with love and memories...this is the home of my Oma and Opa. This visit everything was blanketed in thick white sparkling snow. Grady and I had the chance for a visit to Michigan with my mom and we took it! It was a precious time of snuggling grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles and passing Grady from one sweet set of arms to the next.
 Right next to my grandparents' home live my aunt and uncle who so graciously hosted the babe and I, and back when I was a tot, my family lived on the other side of the grandparents...these next pics were from our old back yard. The sunset was breathtaking that night and the pictures don't do it justice.

 Our old home
 My sweet Oma and Opa have not been feeling well lately, so it was a special treat to have them healthy and able to love on us all.

 One of the days Oma taught us how to make her famous Streusal Kuchen-Here she is with her two daughters
 My Opa loved to talk to Grady each day and was eager for "that baby" to come over every morning after breakfast :)
 The cake cooling in the sewing room where Oma has always stashed her treats. As you can see we couldn't resist eating it straight from the oven!

 The negative temps couldn't keep me from tasting a few snowflakes

 First time meeting Grady- the 9th great grandson ( no great granddaughters!)


1 comment:

Mom said...

That country road called Moore Road is filled with special memories for me too as you well know; it's the same home where your momma grew up! So glad that it is now your special place too :)