Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's a ...

Hopefully you can see in the picture above, a 3d view of our little baby at 15 weeks! The baby is such a little birdie right now as the fat deposits have not yet begun to form, but will soon. The baby looks to be sleeping, but was actually very active for the ultrasound! It was hard to get good pictures, but the doctor managed to get a few really good ones!

Last month at our appointment, the doctor said that we would be able to find out at the next appointment the sex of our baby! Overjoyed I called my parents and they decided to come out to be there for the big unveiling! Well, on Monday all four of us huddled into the little room and I casually asked the nurse if we were scheduled for an ultrasound..."nope, not today! You are too early to find out the sex of your baby!" My heart sank! I replied, "But the doctor said that we would find out today and my parents have come all the way from Arizona for this appointment!" She replied, " Well, I don't know why the doctor would tell you that...you are only 15 weeks along. He made a mistake. But you can ask him to check anyway, but you probably won't be able to see anything." I wanted to cry! Andrew consoled me and my mom said a prayer. I was soo looking forward to finding out and especially since my parents came. So when the doctor came in we looked with pleading eyes at him and he gladly agreed to do an ultrasound for us! What we saw was amazing! The baby is developing normally and was very active! Arms and legs moving in every direction and a strong heartbeat! My parents were amazed at the clarity of the image of their grand baby. They had never seen an ultrasound in person before! And then the doctor asked us what we all thought the sex of the baby was...we all answered boy except for my mom who answered girl. Then he said to my mom, "you are wrong!" He showed us on the screen the little boy parts that I thought were there all along! I have been guessing boy from day one and was right! We all had tears in our eyes! My parents first grand baby will be a little boy!

He is such a cute little boy already and we can hardly wait to meet him. We praise God for the wonderful experience we had together as a family and that the doctor was so kind to spend almost 20 minutes with us when he didn't have to.

His name is Weston Michael Gutierrez!
Weston-because we like it, Michael- because it is my dad's name and he never got the son he wanted!

Thanks for all your prayers everyone!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

WESTON!! We love it! How good is our God that He allowed you to find out early :) We will begin to pray for Weston by name now..may He grow in knowledge and understanding of the Lord. We are so excited for your family!!

P.S. Weston has to have a friend named Cooper - we'll see what we can do.

Melissa said...

Perfect :)! We too will be praying for Weston and his parents. Can't wait to meet him!

P.S. The race is on Jenny ;) Watch we will only have girls!

Anonymous said...

What a special day that was. To see our little granson Weston. It was amazing to see what God is nitting together in that secret place. Thank you for sharing that with us Michelle and Andrew.
I am soooo honored that he will have my name. I was even more honored that God blessed me with two little girs to give butterfly kisses to all my life.Two girls that have made me so proud I could not emagin life any different.
Your Daddy

LittleNanni said...

Hi guys! I've been anxiously awaiting to reach port in order to check your blog for Weston's picture. Yippee, it's Monday AM in Hilo and my wait is over. Isn't technology amazing to show us so much of God's creations and detail!?!
Love, Mom (Nanni)

Jenn said...

Hi Michelle and Andrew! I was just thinking of you the other night and wondering how your pregnancy was coming along. I was also wondering about the sex and I thought it would be a boy! Ruth just sent me this link to your blog, I am so glad I can follow along with your pregnancy. Weston is adorable, what a wonderful gift! My thoughts and prayers are with you all! -Jenny (Ryne's Fiance)