Thursday, January 15, 2009

Contentment in the Lord

This past Sunday was an amazing day of learning and self reflection...on how sinful I am! The message across the board at all three services for me was "contentment". I have always thought of myself as a content person, never lacking anything and having more blessing than I can count, yet how quickly do I fall into the "I want" and "I wish" ways of thinking! I am so tired of living with an ungrateful attitude and desire to be satisfied in Christ alone...no matter what happens around me. This earth and body are quickly passing but my Savior is forever and I am His! What more do I need? The answer is a resounding nothing! As I think about being mom and what I want my child to learn from me, I am deeply humbled. I want my child to know that Christ is all and everything by watching the way that I live my life. Praise God that we get 9 months to think about these things ( well now I only have 5 1/2 !) I better get to work!

1 comment:

LittleNanni said...

Michelle-I'm so thankful to the Lord for your transparency. I share some of the same feelings that you do. As women we are the nesters, the shoppers, the designers, etc-and materialness is constantly bombarding us. Bless the Lord oh my soul, and forget not all his benefits to us. Love you so much and praying for all the changes that are happening in your lives. Keep on leaning into Him. You are going to be an awesome Mother.

Love, your baby's Nanni..