Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Baby Update

Here is our sweet munchkin today! Can't wait to kiss those little cheeks.
Well, after 3 weeks of resting 6 hours/day the baby's growth still declined more into the "not so good" range going from 27% down to 11% :( So for the next two weeks I will be back on complete bedrest in hopes to bump back up the growth. The baby will also be monitored every few days to make sure he isn't under any stress or having any issues with his heart rate etc. They also measure uterine activity and see how the contractions affect the baby. Sometimes little guys like this will have a hard time handling the contractions. He passed his stress test today, which is great.
In two weeks if the baby's growth is not back into normal ranges, he will more than likely need to come out. The issue is bloodflow, so there really isn't much else we can do besides resting.
Right now the little guy is around 4 1/2 pounds, so we definitely want him to be a tad bit bigger before making his grand entrance.
Thanks so much for your prayers- we definitely covet them right now. We are in the home stretch and that is exciting. But I am also feeling a little anxious and concerned about the next coming weeks. Of course every parent wants the best for their child and I am praying that this little guy will be big enough and strong enough to enter this world without complication.
But our God is bigger and knows better than we do and only He can see the future of our family and it is up to us to trust Him and bring our concerns before Him. But with our concerns comes many reasons to be thankful as well!
Because of this minor trial we as a family have been able to: see more of our parents and siblings and Weston has been able to bond with his relatives in a deeper way as they have cared for us, see more of our developing baby because of the frequent sonograms, enjoy more time together at home resting and relaxing, save money since we aren't doing much and family and friends have been spoiling us in getting groceries and making meals etc., and we have been reminded of our daily dependence on Christ who alone sustains our lives and the lives of our children.
I also have to be honest and share that this trial has brought out some not so great things in my heart- which I am thankful to see and realize how much more I need God's grace! I have been tempted to self-pity, impatience, worry and lack of motivation to use this time wisely.
But thank the Lord that we have a God who understands our every struggle, no matter how big or small! And that He sent His son to die and cover our every sin if we repent and believe in Him. Oh I am so thankful for this truth. We can so easily fall into a self-made salvation...thinking that if I am good enough or try harder to be better that we will be ok before God. Not only is that false but it is frustrating since it is impossible for us to be perfect! Jesus Christ was perfect for me and paid the penalty of my sin on behalf of me. I strive to be better out of love and thankfulness for what he did for me on Calvary. So even though I am often disappointed with myself these days, I know that God's grace covers all my sin and fears and for that I am truly THANKFUL!

7 comments:

Coach Sheryl said...

Praying for at least a 5 pounder. Rest, rest, rest.

Jenny Lyon said...

I love you so much Michelle!! Thank you for what you wrote, what a great reminder for us all. The girls and I would love to come help anytime if you need us. We love you guys so much and are praying for this sweet little boy, that he would grow big and strong in the next couple weeks. WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

The Martinez Family said...

Thanks for the update - and we'll be praying for you all the more earnestly. I don't know whether you feel this way, but for me (although it stings to admit it), I just don't grow except when I'm under trials. So glad God is crafting this season for His glory and your growth, and all that He's teaching you throughout this pregnancy. Love you all heaps - and looking forward to seeing you soon(ish)... :-)

Melissa said...

I love you dear friend! You have such a sweet heart and thank you for sharing your struggles. You are best mama to this little one already! We love you and are praying for your family!

Jenny said...

Praying Michelle!! What a great testimony to the Lord's grace. You are right - we have so much to be thankful for! Love you!

LittleNanni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LittleNanni said...

God is GOOD!!! He shows us so much about ourselves through our trials. I too, share with the Martinez family in admitting I probably don't grow much except when going through trials.

God is GOOD also in giving me such a "heart beautiful daughter-in-law" and mother to my 2 grandsons.

Thank you for your perspective Michelle. We can all be encouraged by you!

Prayers for Baby Guti, Mommy, Daddy & Weston.

Be still and KNOW that He Is GOD!

Love you!!!!

October 21, 2010 11:30 AM