Friday, October 22, 2010

My "nesting" elves!

Since I haven't been able to do much these days- ha ha- fighting the "nesting" urge has been pretty hard! Anyone that has had a baby knows that towards D-day these crazy impulses come over you and you just NEED to organize, clean, rearrange, and the list goes on and on. Well our family has been soooo great in humoring me during this time and have helped with so much of my "nesting" needs!
My mom helped me figure out the crib and room situation- and a month ago we turned in my little bassinet for a minicrib/changing station set up and also measured out our bedroom to perfectly fit all the new baby's stuff. This week Papa Ray helped us move our furniture and put together the crib!
Nanni Kerri helped me finish the crib bedding that I wanted to make with the fabric I had purchased months ago when we were in Manteca last week! I cut everything and she being the master seamstress she is- finished the bumper and bedskirt in one evening! Yay! It turned out so cute and fits the crib perfectly.
My sweet husband ironed the bedding and even the sheet last night so we could get it ready for the little one. And I just got off the phone with my sister in law who helped me get a good deal on a double stroller and she will be bringing it down when baby is born. It feels so good to keep checking things off my list and I am so so grateful for everyone helping me accomplish this!~ Love you!
Snacks after a hard day's work
what a guy!
New bedding made with love! My favorite part are the velvet brown ties :)
Crib all set up
...Just add baby :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

i love it! that crib bumper is gorgeous. (: miss you guys!