Sunday, April 10, 2011

Springy Chickpea Salad

Get out a big bowl, cutting board and knife and a can opener...chop and combine the list of ingredients and you are done!

2 cans garbonzo beans or chickpeas- drained and rinsed
1/2 cucumber
handful of baby carrots
handful of grape tomatoes
handful fresh basil
7 oz. feta cheese
juice from 1 lemon
drizzle of olive oil
dash of salt and pepper

I served this with pita wedges.
The leftovers I combined with some rice and it made a more hearty rice salad/ side :)

3 comments:

Carly Jean Brannon said...

Yum! This sounds so good! I'll be making this soon :)

Susan said...

Because of my cucumber allergies I'll try substituting with celery to give that fresh crunch to the salad. Too bad I can't have the cucumber because they are so nutritious (did you read my email regarding their many benefits?).
Going to make it for my Mexican Trains dominoe game nite next week.
Thanks & xoxoxo!

Pauline said...

This salad is a feast just for the eyes! I'll definitely be giving this recipe a try. I would definitely consider using Bok Choy as a substitute for the cucumber, YUM