Wednesday, August 10, 2011

DIY Chair Makeover - $18

This was fun~ I went to a great resale store with my mom-in-law and found this old chair for $7.99. I loved the style of it since our new place is old fashioned but it needs some major help! I found some fun fabric for a new cushion cover for $6.00 and some spray paint for $4.00 and got to work.
I took the chair apart- super easy, just unscrewed the 4 screws holding the seat on, took the blue fabric off the cushion and then wiped everything off
Then I sanded a few rough areas where the coating was cracking and peeling and then began to spray paint it black. The pic below is after 1 coat of paint. I did about three- only using one can!
Then I went to visit my friend Jenny with my cushion and fabric to use her staple gun to attach the new fabric.
I centered the design and folded it around the chair cushion, then flipped it over, trimmed and stapled.

I then screwed the cushion back on the dry frame and voila! A "new" chair for $18


5 comments:

Carly Jean Brannon said...

Lovely!!

Amanda said...

Soo so cute. I love fixing up old furniture!

Jenny said...

It looks great! And the print is right in the center of the chair :)

papasan chairs said...

it looks elegant! its new color matches the white painted wall. I love it.

Andrea said...

I love this so much!! Too cute!