Thursday, October 13, 2011

Nolan's Nautical Shower and a fun DIY project for me!


A little while back we had the great privilege of hosting a baby shower in our home ( a first for me!) for my sweet friend Melissa and her 2nd baby boy, Nolan. ( who is now here and a doll!) Her sister Jenny, I , and her friend Jana worked together to make a sweet, intimate and hopefully encouraging time of celebration! The theme was nautical to go along with the theme of the boy's room, and it turned out so cute. One Saturday Andrew and I were on a walk with the boys and we passed by a garage sale...out of the corner of my eye I saw a bunch of nautical stuff and ran over. After haggling a bit over price, I scored some real wood oars and captains wheels for $7 total that only needed a little work to make great shower decor...Yay DIY!

plain and boring, and the other side of the oars had cheesy art that had to go :)
Nothing a little paint can't handle!
Covering that up with Navy
Painting wood letters to personalize the oars with the boys names


Shower Day! Jenny is so creative and has an eye for little touches that make a perfect party!
Exhibit A:






My mom came and helped me with the boys since Andrew was out of town. Thanks mom!
Sweet baby Cooper!
Gabe and Cooper making friends

3 comments:

Melissa said...

It was a beautiful day! Thank you so much for spoiling me :). The boys room now looks adorable thanks to your DIY greatness. Xoxo

Deidre Johnson said...

Looks like a cute shower...great job!

Carly Jean Brannon said...

So cute!