Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Beauty


We have all heard this before, but it's always a good reminder for me to think on what the Lord deems beautiful in us. 
I just love getting the Anthropologie catalogs in the mail. The clothes are just so gorgeous and feminine and the models so lovely. Sometimes I have to be careful not to sit too long wishing I could go shopping all day and fill my closet with what I see on those perfect pages :)
But God's word says that "Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, But the woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised" Proverbs 31:30
Those of us who are getting older know too well that our skin isn't what it used to be and the more cute babies we have, the more we see it on our bodies!  Those things shouldn't matter, BUT they often do. The Lord reminds us that what is on the outside is not going to last, so why fuss and worry? He gives us somewhere else to look and that is our hearts. 
You all know those women... who because of their personal love and joy in Lord just radiate a beauty that can't be explained by just looking at them?! It's because of their heart.

I read this quote today and I'll share it because I think it hits home
"The Holy Spirit of God is the great inner-beauty consultant. His beauty manual is the Bible. It is illustrated with pictures of Jesus from Genesis to Revelation. The more we look at these pictures, the more we will be willing to forfeit earthly treasures to wear Jesus' likeness." - Joyce Rogers

~I hope you have a beautiful day ~

3 comments:

LittleNanni said...

Oh my! How beautifully written, and what a great reminder for all of us women. May we think on this daily! Thank you sweetie!! Great post.

Mom said...

Just so you know, you're much prettier than that Anthropology model! And it's not just cuz I'm your Mom that I say that. You have an outer & inner beauty that no model can compare.
xoxox

Kate @ StyleSmaller said...

I love everything about this. And your mom is right. Thank you for the reminder. :)