Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer days

We are enjoying our last few days of "care free" summer! This summer was unique- lots of trips, lots of family and lots of time apart from daddy- which made our days together at home sweeter. I've learned I can stay at home by myself overnight without being abducted, without being broken into and without an earthquake smashing all my children to pieces ( yes I'm a huge scaredy cat). I've learned that too many play dates equal too many temper tantrums (me included). I've also learned that the slip-n-slide is God's gift to parents :)
HOWEVER, no matter how much we love the summer months- we crave the consistency and schedule of the fall and look forward to it this year even more. We are very type A over here if you can't tell.
School starts August 20- uniforms have come in the mail and the supply list is ready to be taken to Target. The teacher in Andrew is very excited for Weston to start school. I'm excited too- for friendships and learning to read...and I'm excited to have more time with the younger two. It's a change in life seasons and I'm praying for grace to change gracefully with it!
Random thoughts! And I hope to post pics of all the summer activities soon

2 comments:

OmieSusie said...

I am enjoying going through the seasons of life with you, reliving them through the lives of my children & grandchildren; but this time only better - don't have to go to Target & get those long and exacting school supply requirements. Bring a pen with you to check them off one by one in your search & get a sitter so you can concentrate, ha!

Jenny Lyon said...

They are so big and so so cute!!! We miss you!!