Thursday, July 9, 2009

Baby update

Today was a full day: Weston is getting more to eat at 40 cc per
feeding, we were able to bathe him for the first time which was great
and had another successful attempt at breast feeding! It looks like
the IV will be coming off tomorrow if he digests all his feedings
tonight. Please pray our little guy can handle it so that he can come
home soon!

Despite all of the great things that happened today, I am struggling
emotionally with all of this. I know that our little guy will be home
soon, but I couldn't shake the blues today. I blame it on his
cuteness! If he wasn't so cute it would be easier to leave him! Just
kidding! I am praying for strength and peace and joy! I know that it
is ok to be sad, but I don't want to fall into discontentment with
where the Lord has us right now. All of this will just make his
homecoming all the sweeter!

Our God is good.

1 comment:

Jenny Lyon said...

Hang in there Michelle!!! You are doing a great job of taking care of Weston through this hard time and God will bless you for it!! We love you so much!!