Saturday, December 4, 2010

Chewy Gingersnaps


I pulled this recipe out of the depths of my favs and I am so glad I did! I forgot how much I like these cookies and how easy they are :)

Chewy Gingersnaps
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tablespoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon each cinnamon and nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
pinch salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
7 tablespoons butter softened
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 lrg egg

Combine dry ingredients except sugars. In a separate bowl beat together butter and sugars. Add maple, vanilla and egg and beat well. Stir in flour mixture. Roll dough in balls and bake 8-12 minutes at 350 depending on size. cookies will be brown and have a crackle appearance. Once they cool drizzle with a mixture of powdered sugar and milk. ( I like to use coffee creamer :) and sprinkle with raw sugar if you like. Yum!

1 comment:

Luana Cathleen said...

sounds amazing! thanks for posting, Michelle :)