Saturday, January 8, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

Kinda cheesy, but that's how I feel :)

This past year has honestly been a weird blur that I feel I am finally walking out of and seeing a bit more clearly. After having Weston it took me about 6 months to feel somewhat normal again and I felt I was settling in as a new mom and really enjoying my happy, smilely and sleeping great baby. Then 2 months later we were wonderfully surprised with Gabriel! Getting pregnant with Gabe and then shortly after on bedrest again, was the "falling off the horse moment". That sounds bad- but it was when I went down and out from normal life again and into a seclusion of sorts from the world and into a fuzzy long few months of countless doctors appointments and countless hours on the couch.
( to prove the fact, a number of people that have seen me out and about with Gabe exclaim, " I didn't even know you were pregnant again!")
Anyway, days seemed to run together. Some felt they would never end and others flew by as I almost felt a spectator to my own life as others did everything for me that I was used to doing.
Now after having our dear sweet handsome baby, I am finally coming out of that blur of the first 2 months of no sleep and a recovering body. Gabe is sleeping great and we just got back from 2 weeks of vacation with the most wonderful family that we could ever imagine. A new year has started and I am ready to " get back on the horse". I tend to be one of those people who makes a million new year's resolutions and then.... ya know.

Well this year I want things to be different, but in an eternal way. I am going to focus on one word- Simplify. We fill our lives with so much extra stuff that clouds our view of why we do what we do. I want to grow in two areas this year and I am asking all those who know me to hold me to it. 1) To love Christ more and 2) to love my family more sacrificially- that's it!

I read an awesome little paragraph from an excellent book that sums up what I want to focus on this year and I'll share it with you :)

"The gospel encourages me to rest in my righteous standing with God, a standing which Christ Himself has accomplished and always maintains for me. I never have to do a moment's labor to gain or maintain my justified status before God! Freed from the burden of such a task, I can now put my energies into enjoying God, pursuing holiness, and ministering God's amazing grace to others." - A Gospel Primer for Christians

1 comment:

Carly Jean Brannon said...

I'm SO tracking with you :) Gospel Primer has been a huge eye opener for me and my need for simplicity. May we come back to the cross, and grow in our love and worship with the Lord. CJ