Thursday, January 27, 2011

Salmon with Mango Salsa


It has been so warm here lately that I have been feeling like making more summertime dishes vs the hearty rib sticking winter foods that I love!

This came together quickly and was yummy, healthy and refreshing :) Since it is "winter" I used fresh frozen mango pieces and frozen roasted corn from Trader Joe's.

Mango Corn Salsa
1 cup mango pieces diced
1/2 cup roasted corn
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 bunch cilantro chopped
1/2 small red onion finely diced
pinch salt and a splash of salad vinegar to give a little tang since I didn't have a lemon or lime on hand- shame on me!

I made this ahead of time to let the salsa get nice and juicy and for the flavors to blend. This is also great for kiddos since it is sweet and not spicy.

For the salmon I just simply cooked in a skillet over medium/high heat with a little S & P for a few minutes each side until cooked through. Top with the salsa and you are done.


2 comments:

Luana Cathleen said...

that sounds fantastic!

Anonymous said...

No lemons or limes on hand? Check your backyard with all your many citrus trees:) May be try it with grapefuit juice? I know you have lots of sour lemon like grapefuits! Dad will like this meal, thanks for sharing.
Love, Mom