Monday, January 24, 2011

Three Rivers- a step back into simpler times

My wonderful hubby planned this little weekend getaway for me in November as my birthday present and I have been looking forward to it since then! My amazing mother flew in to watch Weston as Andrew, Gabe and I headed up to the mountains for the weekend to The Log House Lodge in Three Rivers. Such a darling rustic place owned by such giving and hospitable people! They started this Bed and Breakfast as a ministry to seminary students and families in the ministry to come FOR FREE!! and then book other paying travelers on the side just to pay for the ministry. So amazing! They have converted this cute house into a rustic getaway that makes you feel as if you are really in the good old days complete with mood music and everything :) It sits at the base of the Sequoia National Park- perfect to enjoy God's country and get a breath of fresh air and a break from the crazy seminary life.

The breakfasts were wonderfully delicious and the weather was perfect for our day trip into the park to see the big red trees and the spectacular views. I am so blessed to have a husband who knows just what I need and this little trip just the three of us really helped me get this year off to the right start!
Yum!
This is Mauriene and she loved holding Gabe for us so that we could take a break, eat our breakfast and even play a game of chess ( my first time)
Happy little camper in the mountains
The General ( General Sherman - biggest tree in the world!)






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Georgious scenery and great photography, too!! Love it!