Friday, February 25, 2011

5 minute Blueberry Apricot Oatmeal

I just bought a giant bag of "Coach's Oats" from Costco and am in love with them. The texture is wonderfully satisfying- not mushy like the instant. I have made this twice this week and Weston and I have gobbled it up!

1 cup steel cut oats
3 cups water
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
2 T. apricot preserves
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
dash of cinnamon

Bring water to boil then add oats and remaining ingredients. Cook at medium boil for 5 min.
This makes enough for about 4 people or for leftovers later.
( I must confess that I ate a bowl in the afternoon slightly heated w/ a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! Yum! Like oatmeal cobbler)

1 comment:

Carly Jean Brannon said...

yumm! i'm having people for breakfast next weekend and might just have to make up a big batch :)