Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Newlyweds

Our first year of marriage seems like ages ago!... We had so much fun getting to know each other and learning to live together. I have always hated being alone in a house, so marriage suited me just fine! Andrew moved into where I was living so the change wasn't as big for me. A month after our wedding we traveled to Europe as chaperones on a high school World War 2 tour. It was amazing. 3 months later Andrew went to Seminary!
We attended more weddings than we could count that year, but we loved it.

In this pic we are at my high school and college friend/room mate Kamian's wedding in La Jolla




We loved visiting family together...especially seeing our only (then) niece joy who got all our love and attention!
Celebrating Joy's first birthday. I loved watching Andrew interact with her...made me excited to have kids and see him be a daddy!

It was fun to be a part of an office with office parties to bring my handsome hubby to: this was my office Christmas party in Westlake. Andrew was such a support and encouragement to me as I balanced learning to be a wife, caring for our home as well as working full time.
Our first Christmas together was spent with my parents in AZ. We had so much fun! My dad rented quads for the week and we tore up the neighborhood :)
For our first Anniversary, my parents spoiled us with a romantic getaway to Sedona AZ. What a beautiful place! We had a relaxing time thanking God for our year together and were so excited as we looked toward the future and all that we had planned (and not planned!)

I have so many happy memories from our first year: evening walks after dinner, hanging out with our friends, talks in the car during our long commute to and from church, moving from suburbia to the crazy valley ( I had a slight meltdown and was convinced I was going to die in the 405/101 interchange) dinners out, late movies, crazy apartment neighbors, picnics, most of all coming home to each other every day.
The Lord blessed us with a sweet first year with little conflict and lots of fun!
I love you babe and love our marriage!

2 comments:

Ashley Wauhop said...

Yay for marriage - such an amazing gift from God!! It's so fun hearing about other people's love stories!!

Schom-Omie said...

Wow, 5 years just flew by; those pics seems like they were just taken yesterday! But what a full 5 years it's been. Weston & Gabriel made us grandparents & Michelle & Andrew you've made us proud.
Have a fun & relaxing time celebrating at the "beach house" !