Sunday, April 22, 2012

Remembering My Aunt

2 Corinthians 5:8
"Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord"

Today at 3am my dear Aunt Helga went to be with the Lord. We are shocked and sad yet we have hope, because she had hope in the one true God, Jesus Christ! She died very suddenly from a rare brain disease with no cure. I still can't believe I am typing these words...
She was a super fun lady with a great laugh and sense of humor. She was a loving and caring aunt who took great interest in our lives and always made us feel special and appreciated since my sister and I were little.
The last time I saw her was for Weston's first Christmas in AZ. It was such a special time with their family and ours. These pics are from that trip.

I love you Aunt Helga, Uncle Ronnie, Anna, Erich and Marta~


Christmas Carols with Erich

Anna and Marta lovin on little Weston


Life is shorter than we think! I am reminded to care less about the things aren't eternal and to kiss those I love a little bit more.

3 comments:

Matt and Jenny said...

Grateful to know this story, and how the Lord used her time on earth to show love and share laughs. We'll be praying for your family during this time.

ayemih9 said...

Michelle, thank you for sharing about your beloved aunt and her impact on you. I'm thankful that she knew the lord and that she shared His love with you.

Kamian said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Michelle. I love you and pray that you find peace and comfort knowing she is rejoicing with the angels. Let's have a phone date soon!