Monday, July 9, 2012

Quinoa Salad


As my husband says "Quinoa is all the rage" and it should be :) it's a great grain with awesome health benefits and it's very versatile!

Here's my take on a Quinoa Salad that I loved for lunch ( and so did my boys )


Quinoa Salad

1 cup quinoa, cooked and set aside
1 can sliced beets
2 carrots grated
1 large bunch Rapini trimmed and blanched for 5 min. Then saute in garlic and oil for another 5 min
1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces

Dressing

1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/8 cup seasoned olive oil
2 T Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste

whisk ingredients all together or blend in a small blender

Combine salad ingredients and dressing. Chill for 1 hour or serve room temperature.



1 comment:

Omiesusie said...

Going to try & make this, sounds yummy & healthy. But will substitute sautéed spinach or kale in place of the rappini? Keep forgetting what that is even though you've told me over & over again!