Thursday, August 23, 2012

Beauty


Don't get me wrong, I love where we live. LA has many great perks...lots to do, see, eat, explore. It's an exciting place! BUT in my heart I am a country girl. If I had my choice I would live in the middle of nowhere, where my kids could run free in the yard for hours without me worrying about them and out my kitchen window I would see nothing but trees :) I may be describing my heavenly home someday and if I never get to live somewhere like this here on earth I am ok with that. So visiting my family in MI was a breath of fresh air for this girl who gets tired of pavement after a while! I thought I would share some pics of just the scenery there and then do the folks in another post. 

The picture of the pond above is in my grandparents back yard. I have many childhood memories playing on that pond with my cousins. Catching frogs and feeding fish, sledding in the winter and even a near drowning experience on a homemade raft. It was fun to play with my kids there!









My grandparents have always had a huge garden with the most amazing produce- someday I hope to have my own!


Love that this old baby buggy is still there- adds nostalgia!


He loved running around and I loved watching him explore as he wished



The side view of my grandparents home


2 comments:

Schmom said...

Just so you know, I pushed you in that rusted out "nostalgic" baby buggy. Who's getting old now? :)

Ayemi said...

I never knew you were a country girl! =) The first picture is breathtaking. I CANNOT believe that is ur grandparents YARD! Our yard in Michigan was also so big I thought it was a local park and my mom said it was our backyard. Crazy how tiny spaces are in LA!