Sunday, September 30, 2012

Peanut Butter Granola Bars


My friend Jenny let me borrow her collection of recipes and I found this little gem! I hope it's ok that I am sharing this here Jenny :)

These are so easy and yummy to have on hand for a quick sweet snack and you can add whatever you want. Perfect.
In my batches I substituted half of the peanut butter for some yummy chocolate almond butter from TJ's. It never hurts to add a little chocolate right?!


Peanut Butter Granola Bars


1/2 cup raw honey
2/3 cup all natural peanut butter ( or nut butter of your choice)
1 cup oats
2 cups rice cereal

any add ins: nuts, raisins, ground flax etc.

In a large pot melt the honey and peanut butter, stirring until smooth. Mix in the remaining ingredients and dump onto parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Coat hands with cooking spray and form into a rectangle. Place the cookie sheet in the fridge for 5 min to firm up the bar a bit. Cut the rectangle into individual bars and place back in fridge until hard. Store at room temperature in an air tight container.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

These are so yummy! Love the chocolate addition! Glad you shared it...I got it off another blog anyway. Not mine to receive the credit for :)