Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hot Weather Dinner Idea

Tangy Apple Pecan Spinach Salad & Egg Salad Sliders


In our house, our kitchen happens to not be air conditioned which makes turning on the oven less than desireable during the summer :) So I have been trying to be creative and make dinners that require as little heat as possible and also meals that can be mostly made during the morning ( since it's cooler). This one was simple and yummy and a hit with both my guys!

Egg Salad Sliders:
-mini hamburger buns or rolls (Trader Joes)
-your fav egg salad recipe
-tomato slices ( I an used heirloom from our organic farm box delivery- yum!)
Make the egg salad in the morning and assemble at dinner time

Apple Pecan Salad
- 1 Granny Smith apple thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup praline pecans ( homemade or I used some pre-made from Trader Joes)
- 2 cups organic baby spinach
- 1/4 cup blush wine vinaigrette ( I LOVE "Brianne's" ! It is so yummy on any salad with fruit)
- fresh cracked pepper

This makes about four small salads. I think adding some crumbled goat cheese and sliced red onion would make this salad perfect! ( my hubby doesn't like either of those ingredients so I left them out)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Carly Jean Brannon said...

i've got all the ingredients! Im making this for dinner tomorrow night :) thanks for the yummy idea!