Monday, September 19, 2011

One room bug free

The guest room is officially the room that is the "safe" room ( hopefully!) after much work and can be the house of all our belongings that get cleaned over the next few days.
-I removed all the bedding and re- examined the trundle bed mattresses and am pretty sure that they are just fine. Whew! But just to make sure I de- bugged anyway. So I threw all the clean bedding in the dryer with lavender sachets from Trader Joes and steam cleaned the mattresses with the steamer I got today.
- I moved all the furniture and stuff out of the bottom of the closet and vacuumed the room and closet and then sprayed the surfaces with Meyer's lavender cleaner that I got today as well as new pillows.
-I wiped the bedframe down also with the cleaner as well as the chair and table that were in the room. Since the cleaner has lavender oil it stays on the surfaces hopefully deterring any stragglers from venturing further.
- When Andrew came home he took a load to the dry cleaners that I couldn't wash without ruining ( our new bedspread and the boys crib bumpers, etc)

The room is sparkling clean and smells awesome...a positive side to all of this is that my house will be cleaner than ever and full of the smell of lavender which we love here :) I also have been saving a ton of Bed Bath and Beyond coupons for about a year now and was able to purchase everything with a coupon which was great too.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: