Friday, September 2, 2011

Homeopathy...heard of it?

I hadn't until recently and I must say that I am a believer in this alternative to conventional medicine now! Don't get me wrong, I am not abandoning doctor's appointments and (gasp) I will continue to have my kids get their vaccinations, but I am so thrilled that there is another way when things don't seem quite right with the MD's prescription or diagnosis.

Here are a few examples in our family of conventional medicine failing us :)

A little under 2 years ago I decided to get some dizziness checked out with my general doctor. I was not impressed. She barely listened to me for less than 5 minutes before she was writing up a prescription for me. I had Weston with me ( about 2 months old) and he was the main source of the doctor's attention. I don't blame her, he was pretty cute! But she had me out the door in no time. As I was leaving I asked is this medication safe while breastfeeding??? Her face dropped and she gasped NO! "Your baby would be sleepy and lethargic if you took this"! UH....ok. Good thing I asked right?! So a long story short, I had a battery of tests and no answers...

Our niece Ava was getting sick every three weeks and the doctors didn't know why...

After having Gabe I had a few issues from the pregnancy that wouldn't go away ( sparing the details here)...

And then just recently Gabe has had a " mystery" cough since June that is thick and horrible, that makes him gag and throw up and choke at night. The pediatrician (who we LOVE) put him on two inhalers for a month to experiment and see if it helped and that he maybe has asthma...

Back at Christmastime, we went for the first time to a homeopathic doctor in Livermore, CA after hearing great things from Andrew's mom and sister who had been greatly helped by homeopathy. I was ready to try something different. It was a little weird at first but I liked his whole body approach and all natural remedies. I was tested for food allergies and other things and he and his nurse listened to me for over an hour!!! Everything just made sense that they said...common sense.

When I follow the diet that is better for me my dizziness is much better and within 2 days of taking the remedy for my post pregnancy issue it was gone! I was shocked! After months of pain, it was gone and naturally too!

Our niece tested for a milk allergy and she no longer gets sick every three weeks!

And as for Gabe- We just took him to the homeopath on our last trip up north( 2 weeks ago) and he also tested for a milk allergy. In June I started supplementing breast feeding with milk based formula- hence the coughing! Makes so much sense! They said the inhalers are horrible for his little lungs, full of steroids and chemicals, and he doesn't even need them. They said within two weeks of no formula his cough should go away. He hasn't coughed in days! I now give him rice milk and a calcium supplement. He is eating all the food groups now so he doesn't need the formula anyway. I am also giving him flax oil to make up for the lost fat and calories that would be in the formula.

I would encourage everyone to give homeopathy a try! It looks at the whole body and the lifestyle instead of putting a bandaid on a specific issue. I just chatted with Dr. Bobritsky the other day and he told me a story of a mom who brought her baby in with seizures. The baby was on seizure medication and it still wasn't helping and the baby was only 3 months old...so sad. He looked at the baby for a few minutes and could tell right away that the baby was dehydrated. Within two days of giving the baby water as well as breastfeeding the seizures stopped! When Gabe was just born he also told me to give him water..Gabe went from pooping every 2-4 of days ( which made me nervous) to every day and sometimes twice a day! My doctor said not to give your newborn water. So interesting!

Anyways- thx for reading my findings. I think it's so interesting and wonderful! Thanks to my mom-in-law for getting us hooked!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

The Matthews' family may just need to make a trip up with you the next time you go to visit Andrew's family! We have a few issues that need to be worked out too... LOL.

Kamian said...

I did homeopathy when I was in jr. high. I would get fevers every few weeks and my immune system was really week. I took a bunch of strong drops for my allergies: eucalyptus, redwood, cinnamon orange. I also took bee pollen, and wheatgrass (which was gross b/c I couldn't swallow pills yet so I took it in powder form in orange juice 3x daily. Yuck!). It all worked. Symptom free in a few weeks!

Ashley Wauhop said...

i recommended this to my mom to try out for my little sister...she's on 4 medications for her asthma and it never gets any better. hopefully they might be able to find something to help her, too :)

Sandy Rogers said...

Michele
My name is Sandy and I found your post googleing Dr. Bobritskiy name Im taking my 15 year old daughter to see him tomorrow and I'm really nervous but hopeful.Have you been back to see him and if so do you still really like him?