Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Recipe "Project"


One of my New Year's "projects" ( I am not saying "resolutions" this year because the word is much too scary for this stage of my life!") is to go through all of my saved recipes over the years and remake them to decide if they are worthy to keep or to toss...and then to create a family cookbook for us! I have always dreamed of a cookbook in which every recipe is something that I would love to make! A go-to cook book in which every recipe is tried and true and perfect for us. So I thought I would share with you all since I am going to be snapping pics and writing out the recipes on the computer anyways... here goes!



Berry Clafouti

This is perfect for brunch or dessert and you can put anything you like into it! It is a cross between a custard/crepe...very yummy and comes together in a snap.

( Thank you Martha Stewart for this recipe, I have made it with cranberries and blueberries and both are wonderful)


1 T. unsalted butter, to butter baking dish

1/2 cup plus 2 T. granulated sugar

1/4 cup plus 2 T all-purpose flour

pinch of salt

2 large eggs

1 cup chilled heavy cream

3/4 cup whole milk

2 tsp finely grated orange zest


1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries or blueberries


Garnish: powdered sugar for brunch or ice cream for dessert


  1. preheat oven to 400. Butter a 1 quart baking dish, sprinkle 2 T granulated sugar over bottom. Sift remaining 1/2 cup sugar, the flour and the salt into a large bowl. Gradually whisk in eggs, 3/4 cup cream, the milk and zest.
  2. Scatter berries into dish, pour batter over top. Bake until puffed, slightly set, and brown around edges, 32 to 34 minutes. Let cool on wire rack for 15 min. It will sink.
  3. Whisk remaining 1/4 cup cream until soft peaks form. Dust clafouti with powdered sugar. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream

2 comments:

Carly Jean Brannon said...

Yum! Excited for all your recipes!

LittleNanni said...

Yea! I think I'd like this one!