Monday, May 17, 2010

Grateful for my guys and moms!

Mother's day morning I came into the kitchen and found a few of my favorite things on the table! Beautiful roses, sweet cards, sour candy, gift card to the Coffee Bean and some photo booth pics of my favorite boys! Andrew had taken Weston out on an "errand" with him the night before :) so sweet!
I feel so blessed to have been able to be celebrated on Mother's Day. I have always wondered what it would be like to be a mom- and now I am by God's grace. It is not the easiest job, he he, but it is by far the most rewarding thing I have ever done! To know that my sweet babies are in my care and responsibility is sometimes overwhelming, but God gives me the strength I need each day. Now more than ever I can truly appreciate my mom and mother-in-law and the lifelong sacrifice they have made for their children. Thank you to my moms! I am also grateful for the great examples I have in some of my mommy friends- Particularly I think of Julie Gebhards, Jenny Lyon and Juli Mckitterick who parent with such love and dedication to bring their children up in a Biblical way. They think and pray about the way they parent and are purposeful it seems in every interaction with their children. Thank you to you ladies too for your awesome example! I just feel so blessed to have been raised by a godly mother, to have married a man with a godly mother and to be surrounded by friends who are godly mothers.
In fact some of us new mommies have started meeting everyother week in order to challenge and encourage eachother down this path. We are reading through "Shepherding a Child's Heart" together and have had a wonderful time so far.
Happy belated mother's day to all you mommies out there and what a blessed role the Lord has given us!!

2 comments:

Julie Gebhards said...

Hey Michelle! Humbled to have made your list, and thank you for your sweet words! Sounds like you had a great mother's day. Miss you!

Jenny Lyon said...

Awwww you are so sweet and I am humbled as well!! I am so blessed to have spent Sunday with you and your sweet mother-in-law, it was a special time I will always cherish!! I love you!!