Saturday, May 8, 2010

It's a....

On Thursday morning we headed out early to Dr. Frields with my mom while Andrew stayed behind to get some studying done for his final that day. At my last appointment the Dr. couldn't tell how far along I was since the baby is positioned in the back- so this appointment 4 weeks later was to determine how many weeks along I really am! My mom decided to stay an extra few days so she could come to this appointment and see a peek of her next grandbaby. Before the appointment we were joking around saying how fun it would be if we could already find out what sex the baby was! But knowing that I would only be between 10 and 12 weeks, it would be very unlikely since they normally don't check for gender until 22 weeks.
Well the ultrasound determined that I am 12 weeks along with a very active little one in there kicking all around! I even saw some cute little toes- but that's not all we saw :) Plain as day we could all see that the baby is a... BOY!!! We are so excited for a brother for Weston!

Since Andrew wasn't there we decided to surprise him in a fun way! So we headed to the hospital gift shop, picked up a few "It's a Boy!" things and headed to his office. I called ahead to the secretary and she agreed to go along with our little scheme :) When we got into the parking lot she came out and grabbed the loot to sneak and put on his desk for him to find. My mom, Weston and I then headed to breakfast to celebrate and wait for his call! About 45 minutes later he called and couldn't believe that we found out already! The girls snapped the pics of him finding the surprise- thanks guys! He said he was confused at first and wondered what all that was for on his desk :) None of us expected this blessing so soon! Thank you God for another blessing and a brother for Weston
Waiting patiently

Zoom in to see his surprised face :)
Hiding between cars in the parking lot in case Andrew was nearby!

1 comment:

Ayemi said...

It's a boy!!! HOOORRAAYYY!!!! So exciting!!!! Weston and he will be best buds and be able to play sports together!! Congrats to both of you! ;)