Sunday, June 13, 2010

Michigan

Here are the pictures of our trip to Michigan finally! I actually have a few more to post of Weston's first swim in the pool, family pics etc. But this will do for now :)
We had such a wonderful time and it was very special to me to bring our son to where all of my family is from. Everyone, except my mom's sister, had not yet met Weston either! So he was introduced to many cousins, aunt, uncles and of course my oma and opa. I was also special to see one of my closest cousins Ryne get married! His brother Sean and my sister are very close in age, and Ryne and I are very close in age- so as you can imagine the four of us got into all sorts of adventures/trouble growing up! Ryne even saved me from drowning in the fifth grade- u will have to hear that story another time.
It was beautiful there, everything in bloom, and I even got to hear a real live thunderstorm! Something I really miss here in CA. The flower pic above is from my Oma's big beautiful garden.
Vines on the barn at my grandparents farm

My dad with Weston in the U.P. where the wedding was held. ( on Lake Michigan)
In the U.P. we went to this really neat old town that produced iron in the 1800's. It is well preserved and pretty fascinating to learn what life was like there.

Where coal was made- my cousin Peter and his wife Jess with their two monkeys Jack and Brian


My Aunt and Uncle with their grandkids
The beautiful and fragrant lilac was everywhere in Michigan

My cousin Aaron's wife Laurie at the wedding
The wedding was held at a beautiful remote point along the Lake with this lighthouse




My cousin and his beautiful bride Jen


After the wedding we headed down (a 6 hr. car drive) to my grandparents house in Saginaw. We all have taken a turn at this old piano as infants in this pose!


Andrew cutting the grass in this fashion for the first time! He loved it. My grandpa is unable to do this now and really appreciated it.
Make up time! Going out to lunch
Mother and daughter, can you tell ?
My Opa with Weston

A few more to come!

No comments: