Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Turning 1!

On Thursday it will be a year since Weston was born! It honestly feels like yesterday that I was posing in the picture above... so nervous for my c-section and praying that everything would be ok with our little guy. God was so gracious to us to bless us with a healthy baby, despite our rocky start. All our minor challenges only made our love for Weston sweeter and our trust in God greater. The next couple days I will post some fun old pics over the year to show how much he has grown!
Weston was 5 lbs. 4oz. and stayed in the NICU for 13 days- he was 3 to 4 weeks early and had low blood sugar. After the initial delivery, I didn't get to see Weston for 24 hours. The longest day of my life!
Learning to suck- transitioning from tube feedings
My favorite part of the day...snuggle time with mommy!
Safe in his warm comfy world

First time out of the incubator- Weston had to maintain his own body heat before he could come home. He did great with tons of blankets :)

No comments: