Saturday, May 26, 2012

Camp Gutierrez



So hand foot and mouth has been going around and my boys caught it! Since it's so contagious we have been staying at home away from everyone...this week we had planned to go away for the night just the two of us, but the Lord had other plans! We wanted to make our hibernation a bit more fun and decided to camp in the backyard, it was a hit :) And an added blessing was getting to see my sister for a day, which wouldn't have happened if the boys were well and we had gone away on our little trip.
I am learning as I go along that life with kids is unpredictable and to hold my wants, plans and desires with loose hands and to trust God when He sees fit to allow my plans to change. And when I have a good attitude, stop complaining and trust Him, things can be more fun than I thought. What a novel idea! ha!


Having snacks and watching a movie under the trees

Having chili and cornbread with Auntie Leah



pretending to be a turtle coming out of his shell

A little ladder ball- Andrew beat us both, of course!




peanut butter Nutella S'mores

Andrew and Weston slept in the tent all night


1 comment:

Schmom-Omie said...

God works all things for the good and the backyard campout looks like it was good fun! Reminds me of when you were little & we when we camped in the backyard too :)