Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Rhubarb Strawberry Apple Compote

I love the change of seasons and seeing what fun new things come in my produce delivery! I was so excited to get some Rhubarb this week- it always reminds me of my Oma and Opa who grow tons of it in their garden. 

This sweet/tart compote comes together quickly and is so delicious just eaten like applesauce or you can serve it over lots of different things- oatmeal, ice cream, grilled chicken or pork, toasted bread or like we did, on some GF pancakes :)





Rhubarb Strawberry Apple Compote

In a large pot combine 3 large Rhubarb stalks chopped, 5 apples peeled and diced, 1 small basket strawberries halved, 1/4 cup raw honey and 1/4 cup apple juice. Bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer until fruit breaks down and apples are soft. ( about 30 min)


2 comments:

The Martinez Family said...

Ohh, yum! That sounds lovely. Just one question, do you know what a basket of strawberries weighs? I'm pretty sure ours are a different size! Thanks for sharing - I'm looking forward to trying this one out.

Michelle said...

it's about 15-25 strawberries :) miss you guys!