Monday, June 22, 2009

Super Easy Corn and Tomato Chowder

So Andrew came home a few days ago and announced, "I'm in in the mood for a light soup!"
Not wanting to go to the store, I opened my cupboards and found what I could to make his request! This soup was super easy, surprisingly yummy (with a little kick) and light. I thought I would share it with you :) Most of these ingredients are from TraderJoes, but could definitely be substituted.

1 can Trader Joes Tomato Bisque
1 can Trader Joes Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1 can diced green chiles
1 cup Trader Joes frozen Fire Roasted Corn
2 cloves minced garlic
2 cups chicken broth
Garlic salt and pepper to taste

Cook garlic in a teaspoon of olive oil in a soup pot. Add all other ingredients and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes or until ready to serve. We ate this with Pepperjack grilled cheese sandwiches! Yum

No comments: