Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Weston may be coming soon!

We just got home from our appointment with some more interesting findings! Despite my side lying efforts this past week, Weston's rate of growth has continued to decrease as well as the amount of amniotic fluid surrounding the little guy. On top of this my contractions have increased in strength despite the meds. Basically, the placenta is not supporting Weston as it should anymore. We don't know why, but I think my body thinks it is done making this baby! His weight is now 5 lbs. 1 oz. and his lungs seem in good shape as we saw lots of strong breathing movements on the ultrasound and his heart rate is still great. Praise the Lord!

We are to come back on Friday of this week to see if the decline in growth and fluid improves or if it continues in the same pattern. If it continues to go as it now, I will most likely be scheduled for a C-section sooner than later. The earliest could be this weekend! oh my! Weston is still breech and the doctor is now hesitant to try and turn him around because of all the other factors now going on. And because of the declining state of the placenta, Weston will be better off outside of the womb than in it. That is unless things stabilize in the next day and a half. The goal is to get him to 37 weeks and he is 36 weeks right now.

So until Friday I have been put back on full bedrest laying on my left side as much as possible.
Thank you so much for your prayers! Please pray that Weston will develop as much as possible in these short few days and that I would not give in to anxious thoughts. I am a little nervous about the very high possibility of having a C- section very soon, but I know that it is done every day and that I am in good hands. I praise the Lord for being so faithful to us and that no matter what happens we know that He is in control!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

We will be praying Michelle! Whenever thing seem like they aren't going as I thought they would, I reminded that God is the one who is in control and His plans are ALWAYS prefect! Can't wait to meet him :)

{Melissa} said...

How exciting that he is almost here! We will be praying for you, Weston and the doctors. Have peace and rest in God's sovereign plan for Weston's delivery. xoxo!