Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Baby is coming tomorrow!

Here is a pic of our LAST sonogram before meeting our little guy face to face! He is facing us with his eyes closed.

Today's appointment revealed that Weston has stopped growing due to IUGR ( intra uterine growth restriction) for some reason the doctor doesn't know. The size of his abdomen has dropped into the 2% range which isn't good. ( out of 100% being a perfectly normal size for his age, his measurements are only in the 2% range.) This sounds scary, but the doctor says that Weston should be totally fine tomorrow and will do better growing outside of the womb. My amniotic fluid is also decreasing at a faster rate which makes turning him around not possible. So that means I will have to have a C-section delivery. The doctor doesn't see any reason at the moment why Weston won't be perfectly healthy and strong enough to stay out of the NICU when he is born. Even though he is small he seems strong, praise the Lord! I am going to try and breast feed him as soon as possible to get our little guy growing some more, which the doctor is definitely encouraging.

My operation is scheduled for 12:30 pm tomorrow, but we go in at 9:30 am for all of the prepwork. I can't eat or drink anything after midnight tonight, which means no more medication for the contractions! My last dose will be a 9:30 pm so there is a possibility that I could go into labor over the night tonight. If I do start having regular contractions tonight, they will go ahead and take him out tonight! We are praying that everything will happen in God's good timing and that we won't have to wake our doctor up in the middle of the night!

My parents are on their way right now from AZ and will be here tonight just in case. Tomorrow the rest of the family will get here at different points throughout the day. We are so looking forward to seeing our family and having them meet Weston for the first time!

I am a little nervous for all of this to take place, but my fear is overshadowed with hope and excitement. I can't wait to be a momma and to hold our baby! Being pregnant, despite its challenges, has been a miracle and I am so blessed to have the opportunity to know what it is like to bring a child into this world. Thank you Lord for all that You have done and are doing! Please pray that I would not be fearful ( I hate needles!) and that no matter what happens we will give glory to our God!

4 comments:

Blissfully Yours said...

Oh Michelle, I know what you are going through and have gone through, I went through it... bed rest, the meds, c-section. God is so good. I will keep praying for you!! I am so excited for the two of you. Yay for Weston. Lots of love to you! Lola

Kate said...

we will be praying for you!! tomorrow is going to be the most thrilling day for you guys! we are SO excited for you and love you guys dearly. (:

The Martinez Family said...

Aghh! How amazingly exciting! Meeting your own baby for the first time is such a thrilling experience! Praying for you all! (Incidentally, do you know Brian and Alex? I think they might be in the hospital with you, same doctor, I suspect...)

Andrea said...

I'm praying for you! God is good. Can't wait to meet him as well. :)

Love.